Discription about sister organisation of uno
Asked by ashokkumar698 | 29th Jun, 2014, 01:02: PM
Important sister organisations of UNO are:
- World Food Programme (WFP): It is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
- UN Children's Fund (UNICEF): It works for children's rights, survival, development and protection.
- World Health Organization (WHO): It is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) that is concerned with international public health.
- UN Development Programme (UNDP): It is the UN’s global development network – an organisation advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
- Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA): It is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies.
- UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR): It is a United Nations agency that works to promote and protect the human rights that are guaranteed under international law and stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948.
- Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS): It is the main advocate for accelerated, comprehensive and coordinated global action on the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
Answered by Akanksha Kaul | 30th Jun, 2014, 01:10: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number