Differenciate DC & AC motor with diagram.
Asked by kamendrakumar79 | 28th Jul, 2016, 10:42: PM
1. D.C. motors are powered from direct current (D.C.)
2. D.C wound field motors are constructed with brushes and a commutator
3. The speed of a D.C. motor is controlled by varying the armature winding’s current. while
1. A.C. motors are powered from alternating current (A.C.)
2. A.C. induction motors do not use brushes.
3. The speed of an A.C. motor is controlled by varying the frequency, which is commonly done with an adjustable frequency drive control.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 29th Jul, 2016, 11:58: AM
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
- What type of magnets are present when a electric cell of 1.5V is connected to the DC motor. Note: This is regular DC motor.
- Explain the activity to show the end is produced along the straight current carrying conductor
- In Fleming's left hand rule which finger show the direction of magnetic field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number