diffenrence between ultraviolet and infrared wave
did i say that they both are same because are light afterall soo why they are diffrent
Asked by saggugurupal | 31st Aug, 2016, 03:50: PM
Yes, but the difference in the wavelength.
The frequency range of infrared waves is from 3×1011 Hz to 4×1014 Hz. Infrared waves are sometimes known as heat waves too. They produced by hot bodies and molecules. They cannot be detected by human eyes.
The frequency range of ultraviolet waves is from 8×1014 Hz to 5×1016 Hz.These waves are produced by the Sun, special lamps and very hot bodies. The UV rays in large quantites produce harmfull effect on human eyes.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 1st Sep, 2016, 03:18: PM
- pls explain
- Why light can travel in vacuum where as sound can not do so
- What is polarisation
- how are frequency and intencity of electromagnetic wave related?
- What is an electromagnetic wave?
- State the properties of Electromagnetic Waves.
- Which scientist a. Predicted the presence of electromagnetic waves b. Experimentally demonstrated the existence of electromagnetic waves
- Calculate the time period of visible light for which the human eye is most sensitive.
- Explain the Hertz experiment to generate the electromagnetic wave.
- Suppose a plane electromagnetic wave is travelling in x direction. What is a. The direction of the electric and magnetic field vectors b. The ratio of magnitudes
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number