Determine the number of 5 card combination out of a deck of 52 cards if each selection of 5 cards has at least one king.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The observation that in a deck of 52 cards we have 4 kings and 48 non kings.
Selection of 5 cards having at least one king can be made as follows:
1 king and 4 non kings or 2 kings and 3 non kings or 3 kings and 2 non kings or 4 kings and 1 non king.
This can be expressed mathematically as
Number of selections: and we will get 1 mark
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- How many triangles can be formed by joining any 3 of the 9 points when i) no 3 of them are collinear? ii) 5 of them are collinear?
- Find n if
- I have four currency notes valued at Rs 50,100 and 2 notes of 500.In how many ways can I select the currency note ,so that only one type of note is selected each time?
- There are 15 points in a plane, no more than 2 of which are collinear. How many pentagons in all can be made using these points?
- As a part of festive decoration, Mayank go to buy decorative lights. The shopkeeper shows him a box containing 8 flashlights, all of different colors. He only need 3. How many different sets of 3 flashlights can be chosen?
- What are the total number of proper divisors for 900?
- How many triangles can be drawn through 10 points in a plane?
- In how many ways can a student choose a programme of 5 courses if 9 courses are available and 2 courses are compulsory for every student.
- A library membership allows 4 books to be borrowed at any given time. Rahul goes to the library and finds that he likes two books on a given shelf which contains 15 books in all. Rahul has decided that he would either take both the books or take none of these two. In how many ways can he select 4 books?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number