Describe the nature of force acting in the above shown displacement time graphs
Asked by Shringoyal | 18th Sep, 2015, 12:10: PM
- Graph A is a parabola. The Body is moving with uniform acceleration. The slope of the time-displacement curve is increasing with time. Hence, uniform force is acting.
- In graph B, the body is moving with uniform retardation. The slope of time-displacement curve is decreasing with time. Hence, uniform force is acting , but in the opposite direction.
- Graph C is a straight line. The Body is moving with uniform velocity. Hence, force on a body is zero.
- Graph D is a straight line parallel to the time axis which shows particle is at rest. Hence force along the x axis is zero.
- Graph E is a parabola. The motion of a body is vertically downwards and the acceleration is uniform. The slope of time-displacement curve is increases with time. Hence, the uniform force is acting.
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 18th Sep, 2015, 04:52: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number