Describe solvent properties of water.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 29th Sep, 2016, 04:57: PM
Water is a universal solvent and can dissolve many substances as compared to other solvents because of its polar covalent nature.
Water has a high dielectric constant of 80.10 at 20°C. Because of this large value of the dielectric constant, water can dissolve a large number of ionic compounds.
Answered by | 29th Sep, 2016, 06:57: PM
- what are the charactristics of water
- what does lather mean ?
- What about the impure water nature?
- why does temperature in Mumbai and Chennai not fall as low as it does in Delhi ?
- Why is Water considered a compound?
- water exists in all three states. discuss .
- Give the properties of water responsible for controlling the temperature of our body.
- Why does temperature in Mumbai and chennai not fall as low as it goes in delhi???
- Why do pond and lakes don't freeze in winter?
- What is sharp melting point? What is melting point of ice
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number