Derive ideal gas equation from diff.laws
Asked by gurjeetsandhu0335 | 20th Dec, 2018, 06:46: PM
The gas equation is an equation used in chemical equations for calculating the changes in the volume of gases when pressure and temperature both undergo a change,
thereby giving a simultaneous effect of changes of temperature and pressure on the volume of a given mass of dry gas.
According to Boyle's law:
According to Charles' law:
According to Avogadro's law:
where n is the number of molecules
where, R is molar gas constant.
If the volume of a given mass of a gas changes from V1 to V2, its pressure changes from P1 to P2 and its temperature changes from T1 to T2, then
The above equation is called the gas equation. This equation is also called the combined gas equation.
Answered by Varsha | 21st Dec, 2018, 12:04: PM
- an ideal gas mixture contains 4 milimoles of H2 for every mili mole of Ne .The partial pressure of Ne is ?
- What is a pressure in stp ? What we choose in sum1 atm or 1 bar at stp ?
- Is pressure directly proportional to temperature and inversly proportional to volume
- You are provided with samples of O2,N2,CO2 and CO under similar conditions of temperature and pressure that they contain the same number of molecules represented by letter M . The molecules of O2 occupy the volume of N litres and have a mass of 8g under similar conditions of temperature and pressure A) I) what volume is occupied by M molecules of N2? II) what volume is occupied by 3M molecules of CO ? B) what is the mass of CO2 in grams C) name the law of above questions
- The volume occupied by a certain gas was found 5.6 dm3 when the pressure was 2 atmosphere. If the pressure is increased by 15%, find the new volume of the gas.
- At a given temperature the pressure of gas reduces to 75% of its initial value and the volume increases by 40% of its initial value. Find the temperature if the initial temperature was -10 degree Celsius.
- A gaseous mixture contains CO and SO2 in equimolecular proportion.The weight of 2.24 L of this mixture at NTP is?
- 5.18 sum plz
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number