Define the term cellulose.
Asked by ankitaman2003 | 25th May, 2019, 06:16: PM
Cellulose is a polysaccharide consisting of a linear chain of several hundred to many thousands of β linked D-glucose units. Cellulose is an important structural component of the primary cell wall of plants.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 25th May, 2019, 06:28: PM
- How can we differentiate guard cells from any other epidermal cells?
- What are decomposers
- Which organism is capable of self nourishment
- How are the food stuffs and their nutrient contents useful for body
- name the metabolic activities that increase and decrease the weight of plants
- In photosynthesis how atp and nadph is formed and how light energy is capture from sunlight
- What is the function of ADP and ATP ?
- How is food transported in plants? Explain in detail.(5mks)
- What are outside raw materials used for by an organism
- Hello Mam, Please clear my doubt, We place a water plant - a hydrilla in a beaker of water and place a funnel over it which is closed by an test tube.This is now placed below a source of light. Now from the beaker the plant releases oxygen gas. With the same apparatus when we add afew drops of baking soda to the water,there is a sudden increase in number of gas bubbles coming out. Why is it so? Thank You
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number