Define refraction of light.
Asked by pdcavita | 19th Nov, 2017, 06:40: PM
- A beam of light passing from one transparent medium to another obliquely, undergoes an abupt change in direction .
- This bending of light ray, at the surface of separation of two media is called refraction
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 20th Nov, 2017, 12:06: PM
- Refraction of light class 10 simple defination
- The refractive index of water is 4/3 and that of glass is 3/2 . The ratio of speed of light in water to the glass is
- Light enters from air into water which has a refractive index of1.33.Calculate the speed of light in water.The speed of light in air is 3.0×10^8
- What is refraction
- The refractive index of water with respect to air is 4/3 and refractive index of glass with respect to water is 9/8. Calculate the refractive index of glass with respect to air.
- Optical density is also known as?
- What is difference between mass density and optical density?
- What is absolute refractive index?
- What is relative refractive index?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number