Define plasticity and give one example.
How can heterophylly be an example of plasticity?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 11th Jul, 2014, 01:19: PM
Plasticity is the ability of plants to respond to the environment or phases of life or to form different structures by following different pathways.
Terrestrial plants have different shapes of leaves, and the leaves of aquatic plants also show different shapes in their life cycle.
A coriander leaf in the juvenile stage looks different from the mature leaf.
Answered by | 11th Jul, 2014, 03:19: PM
- Name the component which a plant cell loses in order to form a tracheary element.
- State the term which explains the ability of plants to respond to the environment or phases of life by following different pathways.
- State the intrinsic factors important in the development of plants.
- State any two extrinsic factors important in the development of a plant.
- State the term used for the phenomenon in which the shape of leaves of the same plant changes during its development.
- Define development.
- What is dedifferentiation? State one example.
- Give one example of cells of plants which have undergone Dedifferentiation Redifferentiation
- Draw a chart indicating the sequence of development in plants.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number