Define critical angle for a pair of media.
Asked by saanvireddy0205 | 6th Aug, 2021, 09:21: AM
When a light ray passes from a medium of high refractive index to another medium of low refractive index ,
if the angle of refraction becomes 90o for the given angle of incidence at the the interface of two medium ,
then this angle of incidence is known as critical angle.
When angle of incidence is less than critcal angle, refraction takes place
When angle of incidence is critical angle , refracted ray passes through the line of interface of two medium.
When angle of incidence is greater than crictical angle , there will not be refraction into other medium,
only total internal reflection in the initial medium .
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 6th Aug, 2021, 10:40: AM
- how can you find the speed of the scooter that approches the mirror
- What if A is not given in the angle of deviation formula? i + e - A
- define the refractive index of benzene if the critical angle of it is 42
- The speed of light in a transparent medium is 0.6 times as that of its speed in vacuum. What is the refractive index of the medium? (a) 1.0 (b) 1.33 (c) 1.55 (d)1.66
- what is it
- explain snell' law.
- Refraction of light class 10 simple defination
- The refractive index of water is 4/3 and that of glass is 3/2 . The ratio of speed of light in water to the glass is
- Light enters from air into water which has a refractive index of1.33.Calculate the speed of light in water.The speed of light in air is 3.0×10^8
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number