Current flows from a point that has higher electrical potential to a point of lower electrical potential potential ,didn't understand
Asked by Avadhut Katkar | 21st Aug, 2018, 05:03: PM
- Current is a form of energy caused by the movement of charged particles.
- In a typical circuit, the electrons move from the negative terminal to the positive terminal of the circuit.
- Due to these movements, the electric current energy is formed and it moves from the positive terminal to the negative terminal of the circuit.
- Positive ternminal is the terminal where the potential energy is higher, whereas, the negative terminal is a negatively charged terminal with a comparitively lower potential energy levels.
- That is why, as the current energy moves from the positive terminal (a point that has higher electrical potential) to the negative terminal ( point of lower electrical potential )
- The same pattern is followed by the nature for the energy movements, for example, the water at a height (higher potential), naturally tends to move to a lower point (lower potential level), also, the movement of air and water currents has the same pattern.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 23rd Aug, 2018, 10:27: AM
- What is resistance?
- If the temperature of a conductor decreases,how does the relaxation time of electrons in the conductor change?
- explain slow electrons and fast electricity concept.. why electricy travel fast whereas the electron in it have very low velocity.
- How does a metal conduct electricity?
- Obtain the relation between the terms drift velocity, relaxation time and electric field
- DRIFT VELOCITY
- Define drift velocity of electrons for a metallic conductor.
- Large amount of current can be obtained from the small drift velocity and small electronic charge in a conductor. Why?
- What is the effect of heating on the drift velocity of electrons of a conductor?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number