Asked by manshishukla050 | 17th May, 2019, 10:20: AM
The gradual eating up of metals by the action of air, moisture or a chemical reaction (such as an acid) on their surface is called corrosion.
The most commonly seen example of corrosion of metals is rusting of iron i.e the formation of a brown flaky substance on iron objects on exposure to moist air.
4Fe + 3O2 + 2nH2O → 2Fe2O3.nH2O
Answered by Ramandeep | 17th May, 2019, 10:37: AM
- why mercury is liquid
- What reaction takes place when copper gets tarnished. Name the products formed while it gets cleaned when we rub it with lemon or tamarind juice.
- How do metal displace hydrogen from dilute acids?
- What is rusting
- a metal which can be melt while, kept in palm
- how to learn the reactivity series..
- what is a metal
- iron and zinc , does it react with each other???
- What is percentage of gold in 18 carat gold?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number