Convert phenol to aspirin & salol respactively.
Asked by nannu1142 | 21st Feb, 2008, 10:01: AM
Convert phenol to salicylic acid by reimer tiemann reaction or by using CO2. Than acylate it with acetic anhydride to form aspirin.
Answered by | 7th Dec, 2017, 06:44: PM
- Pl ans sir..pl with reason Which of the following is an aromatic acid A.phenol B.benzyl alcohol C.3-methly benzylalcohol D.3-methylphenol The ans can be more than one
- Among ethyl amine and ethyl alcohol which one of them have higher boiling point and why
- Write the name of primary alcohol which can react with Lucas reagent at room temperature
- The major product of the reaction between benezenediazonium chloride and ethanol is
- American organic compound A on treatment with ethyl alcohol gives a carboxylic acid B and compound C. Hydrolysis of C under acidic condition gives B and D. Oxidation of B with KMnO4 also gives D. Compound N on heating with Ca (OH)2 gives E . Compound E does not give Tollen's test and doesn't reduce Fehling's solution but forms yellow ppt with Brady's reagent. Identify A to E.
- How will you get ethene from ethanol?
- State any two uses of methanol and ethanol.
- Why alcohols are miscible with water?
- Alcohols are said to be soluble in water but why n-Decyl alcohol is insoluble?
- Why alcohols boil at high temperature than alkanes?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number