Construct a rectangle given that diagnol AC=8cm and the angle between the diagnosis is 60 degrees
Asked by ajayrath7 | 12th Nov, 2017, 09:32: PM
Steps of construction:
1) Draw AC = 8 cm
2) Draw the perpendicular bisector of AC to locate the mid-point of AC. Let the perpendicular bisector intersect AC at point O. Therefore, O is the mid-point of AC.
3) Through O, construct a line POQ so that angle POC = 60 degree
4) From OP, cut OD = OC = 4 cm and from OQ, cut OB = OA = 4 cm
5) Join AB, BC, CD and DA
Then, ABCD is the required rectangle as follows:
Answered by Rashmi Khot | 7th Dec, 2017, 02:22: PM
- please answer the question
- construct a rectangle ABCD in which AB=8cm and BD=10cm
- Construct a rectangle ABCD in which side BC = 5 cm and diagonal BD = 6.2 cm.
- Construct a square PQRS in which PQ = 4.4 cm.
- Construct a rectangle whose adjacent sides are 6 cm and 4.2 cm.
- Construct a square ABCD, each of whose diagonals is 5.2 cm.
- Construct a rectangle ABCD in which AB = 4 cm and AC = 5.0 cm.
- Construct a square whose side measure 4.7cm. Write the steps of construction.
- Construct a square with each diagonal of length 3.8cm. Write the steps of construction.
- Construct a rectangle PQRS in which QR = 3.5 cm and diagonal is 5.5 cm. Write the steps of construction.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number