Complete the following conversions indicating conditions -
i.Ethyl alcohol to acetic acid.
Asked by tarinchpani | 14th Jan, 2016, 11:13: PM
Ethanol is oxidized to acetaldehyde in the presence of an oxidizing agent like acidified potassium dichromate (K2Cr2O7) or with alkaline KMnO4 and heating, which is then later oxidized to acetic acid.
Answered by Hanisha Vyas | 15th Jan, 2016, 02:59: PM
- People _____________ waste their food. 1)Shalln't 2)shouldn't 3)Mustn't 4)couldn't
- please tell the IUPAC names
- What is bone black in simple ?
- i want clarity on naming isomers as it has not been specified in the video
- How to know the number of isomers present in an organic compound ?
- how we give IUPAC name to compounds
- How can we know the number of isomers present in an organic compound?
- Explain functional group with examples.
- Give structure of Potassium acetate, ethyl acetate, dimethyl ethyl amine and N,N-dimethylacetamide.
- Do phenyl and phenol mean the same? Describe them.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number