Communication satellites move in orbits of radius 44,400 km around the Earth. Find the acceleration of such a satellite assuming that only force acting on it is due to the Earth.
(Mass of the Earth = 6 × 1024 kg, G = 6.67× 10-11 Nm2 / kg2)
Asked by Topperlearning User | 20th Sep, 2016, 01:32: PM
Answered by | 20th Sep, 2016, 03:32: PM
- Imply the statement ,"the value of g is small?"
- a ball is thrown upwards with an initial velocity of .5m/sec how much time it will take to reach the highest point
- What is universal law of gravitation?
- Hello sir, can you please explain me the statement given below with an example, "acceleration due to gravity on the Moon is one sixth the value on the surface of the Earth" thank you
- state the universal law of gravitation
- Explain why the value of g is zero at the centre of the earth
- The earth is acted upon by gravitation of the sun,even though it does not fall into the sun.why?
- How is the gravity of earth created ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number