Comment on following
1 In ascent of sap , the sap moves upwards against the force of gravity
2 The leaves of Touch me not plant droop down on slight touching
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 26th Dec, 2017, 10:28: AM
1. The ascent of sap in the xylem tissue of plants is the upward movement of water and minerals from the root to the crown which occurs due to two factors transpirational pull and active transport.
2.When Mimosa pudica (touch me not ) plant is touched, the touch acts as a stimulus for plant and it closes its leaves in return. Some chemicals are released from the stem when the plant is touched. These chemicals force water to move out of the cell which leads to loss of turgor pressure.So touch me not droop down on touching.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 26th Dec, 2017, 12:12: PM
- what is turgor pressure
- the pressure responsible for the movement of water molecules across the cortical cells of the roots.
- why does guttation occur in plants?
- what is absorbption?
- Define absorbtion
- Cortical cells are predominantly present in: 1- permanent tissue 2-meristematic tissues 3- endodermis 4- cortical region
- Give reason. Wooden frames of doors get jammed during the monsoon season.
- Correct the following statement: The cell sap of root hair is hypotonic.
- In a diagram of root hair how to differentiate bw Xylem and phloem Dicot and monocot seeds
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number