chemical eqn of preparing hydrogen
Asked by karanamvasu2 | 14th Jan, 2019, 07:24: AM
Hydrogen is prepared in the laboratory by the action of dilute hydrochloric acid or dilute sulphuric acid on granulated zinc.
Metal + Dilute acid → Salt + Hydrogen
Zn + 2HCl → ZnCl2 + H2 ↑
Zn + H2SO4 → ZnSO4 + H2 ↑
Collection of gas: Hydrogen gas is collected by downward displacement of water.
Answered by Ramandeep | 14th Jan, 2019, 11:08: AM
- What is the reaction between red lead and hcl?
- Most important questions chemistry HCl -- question number 8 Unable to send photo due to some error.
- Can I get all the possible questions with answers from chemistry when the question comes like "name the gas evolved when the following mixtures are heated" For example: In calcium hydroxide and ammonium chloride the gas evolved is ammonia.
- Outline the steps required to convert hydrogen chloride to anhydrous FeCl3. Write the equation for the reaction which takes place.
- Explain why HCl gas dissolved in toluene does.not conduct electricity while HCl gas dissolved in water conducts electricity
- a gas which turn acidified potassium dichromate solution green
- Acid which gives a white curdy precipitate on mixing with reagent containing nitrate ion
- Explain why dilute hcl can't be concentrated beyond 22.2%
- which component is the oxidising agent in aqua regia?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number