charges of +5µc+10 μc and -10 µc are placed in air at the corners ab and c of an equilateral triangle abc having each side equal to 5 cm. determine the resultant force on the charge at a.
Asked by Sivanigopesh | 26th Apr, 2021, 03:24: PM
Figure shows Forces acting on +5μC charge placed at vertex A.
Force F1 is repulsive force between +5μC charge and +10μC charge.
Force F2 is attractive force between +5μC charge and -10μC charge .
Force between two charges q1 and q2 that are separated by a distance d is given as
Where K = 1/(4πε0 ) = 9 × 109 N m2 C-2 , is Coulomb's constant
Magnniude of each force is same because product of charges is same and distance between charges also same.
Hence Resultant force R = 2 |F| cos60 = ( 2 × 9 × 109 × 50 × 10-12 × cos60) / ( 25 × 10-4 ) = 180 N
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 26th Apr, 2021, 05:08: PM
- State Gauss's theorem ? Derive the expression for electric field due Spherical hollow conductor and infinitely charged sheet and linearly charged conductors.
- A simple pendulum is having bob of mass m carrying a charge q and is hanging from ceiling. A uniform electric field E is applied in downward direction then time period of simple pendulum is.
- An electric field E is applied between the plates a and b as shown in the figure a charge particle of mass m and charge q is projected along the direction as shown fig it's velocity v find vertical distance y covered by the partical when goes out of the electric field region
- three charges of 5micro coloumb are placed at the vertices of equilateral triangle of side 10cm the force on 1micro coulomb of charge at centre of triangle will be
- teach me
- In fig three point charges q,-2q are q are placed along the x axis. Show that the electric field at p along the y axis is E =(1/4×3.14×e knot)×(3qa^2/y^4),when y>>a.
- Fig shows a plastic ball of mass m suspended by a light string in a uniform field of intensity e.the ball comes in equilibrium at an angle thita .if ex and ey are the x component and y component of the electric field, find the charge on the ball and the tension in the string
- eletric field on the axis of charged ring and draw its diagram
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number