Changing the units does not change the significant figures.
But my query is when convert hour to seconds the number of significant figures change right?
Asked by Shazia Salim | 24th Jun, 2014, 05:52: PM
Yes the number of significant figures change when we convert hours to second.
This is because the multiplication done to change the units from hour to second is by 3600 which is not a power of 10.
When we convert metre to centimetre then multiplication is by 100 which is a power of ten, and hence does not change the significant figures.
No change in significant figures:
1 m = 100 cm : 1 significant figure
1 mm = 0.001 m : 1 significant figure
Change in significant figures:
1 hour = 3600 seconds
1 horse power = 746 watts
For all those units which while converting are not a power of 10, then the significant figures change.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 25th Jun, 2014, 03:25: PM
- check the dimensional accuracy of n=1/2L*rootT/M
- plzz solve this my que
- Check the correctness of the equation, When the rate of flow of a liquid having a coefficient of viscosity ‘η’ through a capillary tube of length ‘l’ and radius ‘a’ under true pressure head ‘p’ is given by 𝑑𝑉 ÷ 𝑑t = 𝜋𝑝𝑎^4 ÷ 8lη
- Please undoubt the question . Image is attached.
- if area (a) velocity (v) and density(p)are base units,then whats the dimensinal formula of force represented as
- Q) How many significant Figures are there in ₹1000 and 1000pens? Please answer along with concept.
- using dimensional analysis, the accuracy of relation 𝒗 = 𝒌𝒏 𝒓𝒅 , v is Velocity, k is constant, n is coefficient of viscosity [ML-1 T -1 ] , r is radius and d is density.
- what is significance of uncertaitanity principle
- State the number of significant figures in the following: a) 0.00081 b) 600900
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number