Categorize the following into pure substances and mixtures:
Water, air, iron nail, blood, pencil lead, butter, sugar, mill, steel, paper.
Asked by pyariji2021 | 10th Oct, 2019, 07:05: AM
Pure substaces:Water, sugar, iron nail,
MIxtures: milk, air, steel, steel, blood, paper, butter, pencil lead
Answered by Ramandeep | 11th Oct, 2019, 10:46: AM
- DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN MIXTURES AND COMPOUND
- Arrange the gases present in air in increasing order of their boiling points.
- type of mixture
- To prepare A) Mixture. B). A compound Using iron fillings and sulphur powder and distinguish between these on basis of 1) appearance 2) behavior toward magnet 3) effect of heat
- Give two reasons to justify water at room temperature is liquid
- Name two types of pure substances.
- Describe pure substances along with an example.
- Compound is a pure substance whereas mixture is not. Explain.
- Give two examples each of homogeneous and heterogeneous mixture.
- Why is the mixture of sand and sugar called a heterogeneous mixture?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number