can you please give a perfect definition for total internal reflection? please reply as soon as possible, please. thank you

Asked by ramhar | 20th Oct, 2010, 12:00: AM

Expert Answer:

Dear Student
Complete reflection of a ray of light in a medium such as water or glass, from the surrounding surfaces back into the medium is known as Total Internal Reflection. An incident ray striking a boundary from a more refractive medium to a less refractive medium at an angle greater than the critical angle experiences this phenomenon.

Hope that answers your query.


Answered by  | 20th Oct, 2010, 09:51: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.