Can metalloids be called as amphoteric elements
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 5th Jan, 2018, 04:43: PM
Elements those are showing both metal and nonmetallic character are known as a metalloid and their oxides are amphoteric.
In general, metal oxides are basic while nonmetal oxides are acidic.
And oxides made with the elements are known as metalloids (B, Si, Ge, As, Sb, Te, and Po) can be acidic or basic depending on their environment; in other words, they are amphoteric.
Answered by Ramandeep | 6th Jan, 2018, 03:04: PM
- state the trend in chemical reactivity : I) across the period left to right, 2) down the group
- periodic classification of elements
- which metal has most electron affinity and which has least and why? Na, K, Li, or Cs
- which element has smallest atomic radius and which element has largest atomic radius in the periodic table?
- which element has least electron affinity and which has the most electron affinity in the periodic table?
- why melting and boiling points of metal decreases down the group?? why melting and boiling point of metal first increses across a period , till 14A and then decreses??
- In the same period or subgroup a gradual change in a particular property may be seen.
- Arrange the following in the decreasing order of metallic character: Argon,Silicon,Aluminium,Sodium.
- GIVE REASON 1 The most metallic element is found at the bottom of a group. 2 1st element in a group is highly non metallic. PLEASE ANSWER IT
- what is the meaning of neutral isolated gaseous atom
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number