Can any two no's have 18 as HCF and 279 as LCM? Explain
Asked by Raminder Singh | 15th Sep, 2014, 08:01: PM
Let the numbers be x and y.
HCF denotes highest common factor, means that this number must be a factor of both the numbers.
LCM denotes lowest common multiple, means that this number must have the HCF as a factor.
let us take 12 and 16.
12 = 2×2×3
16 = 2×2×2×2
LCM = 48
HCF = 4
Here HCF is a factor of LCM.
But in case 2 numbers has 18 and 279 as HCF and LCM, 18 is not a factor of 279.
So no two numbers can have 18 and 279 sd HCF and LCM.
Answered by Prasenjit Paul | 16th Sep, 2014, 10:07: AM
- find log27base3
- what is the meaning of uklid division
- what do you mean by h.c.f
- use euclid division algorithm to find hCf of . 196and38220
- When the HCF (420, 130) is expressed as a linear combination of 420 and 130 i.e. HCF (420, 130) = 420x + 130y, the values of x and y satisfying the above relation are: (a)x= 3, y = 1 (c) x = 4, y = -13 (b) x=-4, y = 13 (d) x = 2, y = 3
- how to prove that √2 is a irrational number?
- show that every positive odd integers is of the form 2q+1 where q is some whole number.
- apply the division algorithm to find the quotient and remainder on dividing px by gx as given below P(x)= -5x^2+14x^3+9x-1 g(x) =-1+2x
- if d is the HCF of 45 and 27 find x and y satisfying d=27x+45y?
- If the HCF of 408 and 1032 is expressible in the form 1032m-408×5, find m.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number