Can any two no's have 18 as HCF and 279 as LCM? Explain
Asked by Raminder Singh | 15th Sep, 2014, 08:01: PM
Let the numbers be x and y.
HCF denotes highest common factor, means that this number must be a factor of both the numbers.
LCM denotes lowest common multiple, means that this number must have the HCF as a factor.
let us take 12 and 16.
12 = 2×2×3
16 = 2×2×2×2
LCM = 48
HCF = 4
Here HCF is a factor of LCM.
But in case 2 numbers has 18 and 279 as HCF and LCM, 18 is not a factor of 279.
So no two numbers can have 18 and 279 sd HCF and LCM.
Answered by Prasenjit Paul | 16th Sep, 2014, 10:07: AM
- if r=0,then what is the relationship between a,b and q in a=bq+r of euclid division lemma
- find hcf of72and 108divisions lemma
- the sum of squares of two consecutive multiples of 7 is 637. Find the multiples
- 135 and 225 is dout
- Show that any positive odd integer is of the form 3m,3m+1or3m+2 where m is some integer
- What is division algorithm
- prime factor of 176
- What is algorithm?
- Prove that the square of the from 6q+5,then it is of the from 3q+2 for some integer q, but not conversely.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number