can ammonia be prepared by the action of cold water on nitrides
Asked by annapurnavizag | 15th Apr, 2017, 08:57: PM
Nitrogen combines with heated metal such as Aluminium to form nitride.
2Al + N2 → 2AlN
Aluminium nitride easily get decomposed by water to form ammonia.
AlN +3H2O → 2Al(OH)3 + NH3
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 15th Apr, 2017, 11:40: PM
- 1) the process of formation of ions from molecules 2) a solid white precipitate which is formed when two colourless gases react
- a complex salt solution used for testing a basic gas lighter than air
- Ammonia is not a supporter of combustion. Explain
- Why liquid ammonia is used as a refrigerant in ice plants ?
- Why aqueous solution of ammonia gives a pungent smell ?
- What is an orange crystal which gives out red sparks
- What do you observe when aqueous ammonia is added in small amount and then in excess to zinc sulphate solution
- Liquid ammonia used to remove grease stains -reason
- A. Give a balanced chemical equations for 1.Lab.preparation of ammonia using an ammonium salt 2.Reaction of ammonia with excess of chlorine 3.Reaction of ammonia with sulphuric acid B. From the list of gases -ammonia,ethane,hydrogen chloride, hydrogen sulphide, select the gas which is used as a reducing copper oxide to copper
- Explain whty Aqueouss solution of ammonia is used for removing grease stains from woollen clothes Aqueous solution of NH3 gives a pungent smell
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number