can ammonia be prepared by the action of cold water on nitrides
Asked by annapurnavizag | 15th Apr, 2017, 08:57: PM
Nitrogen combines with heated metal such as Aluminium to form nitride.
2Al + N2 → 2AlN
Aluminium nitride easily get decomposed by water to form ammonia.
AlN +3H2O → 2Al(OH)3 + NH3
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 15th Apr, 2017, 11:40: PM
- name oxide of nitrogen which turns brown on exposure to air
- In the lab preparation preparation method of ammonia by using nh4cl the reaction given is: 2NH4Cl + Ca(OH)2 = CaCl2 + 2NH3+ 2H2O In this reaction when is the CaCl2 removed from this method???
- Why only Molybdenum is used as a promotor in Haber's process?
- why does ammonium hydroxide does not react with calcium nitrate?
- WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF LIQUID AMMONIA
- Oxidation of ammonia leads to nitrate. How?
- 1) the process of formation of ions from molecules 2) a solid white precipitate which is formed when two colourless gases react
- a complex salt solution used for testing a basic gas lighter than air
- Ammonia is not a supporter of combustion. Explain
- Why liquid ammonia is used as a refrigerant in ice plants ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number