Calculate the oxidation number of S in Na2S4O6.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- oxidation State of cr2o-²7
- (i) Balance the following equations by oxidation number method: (1) Cu + HNO3 → Cu (NO3)2 + NO2 + H2O) (2) K2Cr2O7 + HCl → KCl + CrCl3 + H2O + Cl2 (ii) Give reasons for the following: (1) HNO3 acts only as an oxidising agent while HNO2 can act both as a reducing agent and an oxidising agent. (2) Chlorine liberates iodine from KI solution. How will you convert the following? (Give balanced equation.) (1) Sodium acetate to methane Find the oxidation number of: (1) S in Na2S4 O6 2) S in
- a) Identify the substance oxidised, substance reduced, oxidising agent and reducing agent in the following reaction: b) In the reaction , what is oxidised and what is reduced?
- Put the formula making me understanding all that
- Give the oxidation number of all elements in CH3COOH? In my book the oxidation number of oxygen in this compound is -1? How
- The oxidation number of Fe in Fe3O4 is fractional. Why?
- Calculate the Oxidation number of Sulphur in S2O82- ion.
- Can the oxidation number of an element be zero?
- Find the oxidation number of Boron in BH3 andBF3.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number