Calculate the capacitance of the following multi slab capacitor.
Asked by hitanshu04 | 21st May, 2021, 07:05: PM
Let σ be the surface charge density on capacitor plates .
If a dielctric slab of dielectric constant K and thickness d is inside capacitor plates ,
Then electric field E in the dielectric slab is given as
Potential difference across dielectric slab, V = E × d = ........................(2)
Potential difference across capacitor plates having three different dielectric slabs is given as
If Q is the total charge on capacitor plates and A is area of plates , then surface charge density σ = ( Q / A )
By substituting surface charge density in eqn.(3) , we get
Using the definition of capacitance C = ( Q / V ) , we get capacitance of multislab dielectric capacitor as
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 21st May, 2021, 08:55: PM
- 1) What is the force experienced by a positively charged particle Q moving at right angle to an uniform electric field? 2) What is the effect on the charge on the plates of the capacitance on inserting dielectric in a parallel plate capacitors?
- Consider a 342 μF capacitor charged to 1250 V in a defibrillator. When charged to 1250 V, how much energy is stored in the capacitor? 9.60×102 J (in J)
- Capacitance of A parralel plate capaciter
- Please solve Q no 69 Given ans option 3
- As the dielectric constant for metals is infinity and if we use it as a dielectric between capacitor then it's capacitance will increase infinity time then also we don't use it as a dielectric Why?
- Energy stored in capacitor and energy dissipated during charging a capacitor bear a ratio?
- Can we induce charges in insulator and conductor both ? What is the difference in the mechanism of polarisation and induction of charges ? (Other than polarisation we use when dielectric is used=
- Derive an Expression for capacity of a parallel plane capacitor with dielectric medium?
- Prove that the displacement current inside a capacitor is equal to the current charging it.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number