C2H5CL is gas , whereas C2H5I is liquid temparature explan.
Asked by Gishin Rajan | 23rd Oct, 2015, 04:27: PM
Molecular mass of ethyl iodide is 155.97 g/mol and molecular mass of ethyl chloride 64.51 g/mol.
Ethyl iodide has larger molecular mass than ethyl chloride and therefore has large van der Waal's forces. Thus, ethyl iodide is liquid at room temperature.
Answered by Hanisha Vyas | 23rd Oct, 2015, 06:57: PM
- structure of geminal dichloro ethane
- Give the full name of DDT.
- What are freons? Give one example.
- What is iodoform? Give one use of it.
- Give two hazardous effects of methylene dichloride.
- Why the use of chloroform as anesthetic is decreasing?
- Give the role of carbon tetrachloride and Freon on environmental degradation.
- Why chloroform is kept closed in dark colored bottles?
- Give the three uses of each of the following: (i) Dichloromethane (ii) Tetrachloromethane
- What is DDT and why its use is banned in United States?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number