Blood group matching before blood transfusion
Asked by keshrialok12 | 3rd Dec, 2019, 02:44: PM
- Blood group matching is a must before blood transfusion as giving the correct blood to a patient during a transfusion is vitally important.
- This means making sure that the donor’s blood is compatible with the patient’s blood, to minimise reactions during a transfusion and avoid any catastrophic consequences.
- If blood is given to a patient that has a blood type that is incompatible with the blood type of the blood that the patient receives, it can cause intravenous clumping in the patient's blood which can be fatal.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 5th Dec, 2019, 11:09: AM
- what is circulatory system
- What is circulatory system
- Did buffaloes also have human blood
- why artery have thick elastic wall
- The blood type identified under ABO blood groups systems are
- The Circulatory System is made up of the _______________, ____________and blood vessels.
- 4 differences between artery and vein
- The organs of circulatory system in the body are
- Radha fell down while running. She started bleeding but it stopped after few minutes. Why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number