between a stone and the feather which would fall first in a chamber. won't it be the stone since the mass is heavier?
Asked by vanessa.fernz | 20th Jul, 2015, 01:12: PM
If there is no air resistance in the chamber, then both the stone and feather will fall at the same time.
This is because the time of fall or the distance travelled in the fall do not depend on the mass of the object.
This is evident from the three equations of kinematics:
1) v = u + at
2) s = ut + ½at2
3) v2 = u2 + 2as
However, if air resistance is present like there on Earth, then stone will fall first as the feather will be dragged by air.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 20th Jul, 2015, 01:21: PM
- two ball of mass 50 g and 100 g bare dropped form same building .what is the ratio of their speeds on reaching ground
- A diwali rocket moves vertically with constant acceleration of 5 ms–2. After some time its fuel exhausted and then it falls freely. If maximum height attained by the rocket is 60m. Then find its speeds when the fuel is just exhausted. (g = 10ms–2)
- a particle starts with velocity 20 m/s with constant retardation of 4m/s^2.find distance travelled in 7 seconds
- please answer the question given below
- obtain equation of motion of constant acceleration using matter calculus
- On turning a corner, a motorist rushing at 44 ms-1 find a child on the road ahead. He is currently stops the engine and applies the brakes so as to stop it within 1m of the child. Calculate time required to stop it stops.
- What is motion?
- 14th sum plz
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number