between a stone and the feather which would fall first in a chamber. won't it be the stone since the mass is heavier?
Asked by vanessa.fernz | 20th Jul, 2015, 01:12: PM
If there is no air resistance in the chamber, then both the stone and feather will fall at the same time.
This is because the time of fall or the distance travelled in the fall do not depend on the mass of the object.
This is evident from the three equations of kinematics:
1) v = u + at
2) s = ut + ½at2
3) v2 = u2 + 2as
However, if air resistance is present like there on Earth, then stone will fall first as the feather will be dragged by air.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 20th Jul, 2015, 01:21: PM
- please answer the question given below
- obtain equation of motion of constant acceleration using matter calculus
- On turning a corner, a motorist rushing at 44 ms-1 find a child on the road ahead. He is currently stops the engine and applies the brakes so as to stop it within 1m of the child. Calculate time required to stop it stops.
- What is motion?
- 14th sum plz
- Plz answer 4th part of 8th ques
- 13th sum plz
- Plz answer 12th ques
- IF A CAR start from rest and TRAVEL WITH CONSTANT acceleration for 10 second.find the ratio of distance in 1st and 2nd second travel by car?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number