"Being multilayered, compound epithelium has little role in absorption or secretion."Why??
Asked by pb_ckt | 16th Apr, 2019, 06:07: PM
From the word "multilayered", it is understood that the tissue cannot absorb or secrete because of the organisation of more than one layer. So, if any chemical or mechanical stress reaches the tissue, it can only protect. Therefore, it has a limited role in secretion and absorption.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 17th Apr, 2019, 09:48: AM
- plz ans
- We know that basement membrane in epithelium is non-cellular.If it is not made up of cells,then what is it made up of?
- Define tissue.
- What are the three types of simple epithelium on the basis of structural modification?
- State the function of the simple epithelium.
- Where is the squamous epithelium found?
- Draw a labelled diagram of squamous epithelial tissue.
- Name one epithelial tissue in which the nuclei are located at the base of cells.
- Write the names of three junctions found in the epithelium.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number