At what light dose rate of respiration and photosynthesis is equal?
Asked by bplntecc | 4th Aug, 2015, 06:37: PM
Plants respire all the time, whether it is dark or light. They photosynthesise only when they are in the light. So, in dim light photosynthesis rate equals respiration rate which means neither gas is taken in or given out as each cancels the other out. This is otherwise called as compensation point.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 5th Aug, 2015, 08:18: AM
- the exchange of gases during respiration and photosynthesis takes place by
- Explain the mechanism of opening and closing stoma by Potassium ion concentration theory
- I want to know the two functions of chloroplast
- how is water formed as a result of photosynthesis? explain the process for the formation of water molecule as a product of photosynthesis.
- The photolyis of water and co2 fixation takes places in where?
- State true or false, if false rewrite the correct statement: The pH of the guard cells increase during daytime.
- Do as directed: 1.two memberanes which divide cochlea inti 3 parts. 2.isotonic and hypertonic (ratio of solute and solvents) 3.pineal body and hypothalamus(difference in position in brain) 4.monocytes are scavangers(T/F) 5.photosynthesis occurs in mosses(T/F) 6.radiant energy os converted into chemical energy during photosynthesis(T/F).
- Name the following : 1) The kind of plastids found in mesophyll cells of leaf 2) The compound which stores energy in the cells 3) The part of chloroplast where the dark reaction of photosynthesis takes place
- What is the shape of the shape of guard cell present in the stomata
- In flowering plants,in which form is the food produced during photosynthesis,transported to its different parts?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number