At the time of Independence, the population of India was 350 million, which exploded to over 1 billion by May 2000. List any two reasons for this rise in population and any two steps taken by the government to check this population explosion.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 16th Jun, 2014, 10:52: AM
Two reasons for increase in population are
(i) A rapid decline in the death rate, maternal mortality rate and infant mortality rate.
(ii) Increase in the number of people of reproducible age.
Two steps for checking population explosion:
(i) Statutory raising of marriageable age of females to 18 years and males to 21 years.
(ii) Incentives given to couples with small families.
Answered by | 16th Jun, 2014, 12:52: PM
- Tubectomy and vasectomy
- Government of India has raised the marriageable age of female to 18 years and of males to 21 years. Suggest two other measures for the same purpose.
- What is AMNIOCENTESIS ?
- Mention any two events which are inhibited by the intake of oral contraceptive pills to prevent pregnancy in humans.
- The present population growth rate in India is alarming. Suggest ways to check it.
- What are the commonly used barrier methods of contraception?
- Describe three ways in which fertilisation of the human ovum by a sperm can be prevented.
- Why intensely lactating mothers do not generally conceive?
- Why is tubectomy considered a contraceptive method?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number