At a given instant there are 25% undecayed radioactive nuclei in a sample. After 10 sec, the number of undecayed nuclei is reduced to 12.5%.
calculate a) mean life of the nuclei b)the time in which the number of undecayed nuclei will further reduce to 6.25% of the reduced number.
Asked by Duwanie | 25th Nov, 2014, 12:20: AM
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 25th Nov, 2014, 10:43: AM
- how are we supposed to solve this question
- Carbon-14(C14) decays at a constant rate in such a way that it reduces to 50% in 5568 years. Find the age of an old wooden piece in which the carbon is only 25% of the original.
- Radioactive nuclei
- Radioactive elements
- Half-life period of a radioactive sample is 2 days. If the number of nuclei initially present is, find the number of nuclei present after 8 days?
- figure for 13.6 in chapter nuclei
- The half life period of a radioactive substance is 30 days. What is the time for Â¾ th of its original mass to disintegrate?
- How many α and β-partiles are emitted 90Th232 changes to 82Pb208?
- Complete the following nuclear reactions (a) 4Be9 + 1H1 →3Li6 + ................ (b) 5B10 + → + ..............
- What fraction of tritium will remain after 25 years? Given half life of tritium as 12.5 years.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number