ARE SEEDS LIVING OR NON LIVING THINGS ?
BECAUSE THEY ONLY RESPIRE THEY DO NOT SHOW ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF LIVING THINGS?
Asked by Benazir | 27th Nov, 2015, 05:21: PM
A seed is the embryo of a new plant. Seeds are living things as they contain an embryo that is capable of germinating to produce a new plant under optimum temperature, humidity and availability of water. If seeds were not alive, they would not have been able to germinate, give rise to seedlings and develop into mature plants. Being a living thing, seeds require energy for metabolic activity which they obtain through the process of cellular respiration.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 28th Nov, 2015, 08:53: PM
- what are plants
- Is water,sun,moon,and stars are living things or non living things.why
- characteristics of a living being
- What happen during respiration
- What is tuberculosis
- what are the similiriteis between plants and animal?
- do water birds have hollow bones?
- what is mean human evolution
- How many teeth are present in upper and lower jaw
- Which important life characteristic is shown by the plant and bird in the below figure?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number