⭕ Answer with Explnation :-
Asked by jhajuhi19 | 16th Oct, 2019, 09:01: PM
- Linear DNA can be resolved by size using agarose gels of various concentrations.
- The greater the percentage of agarose in the gel, the smaller the linear DNA that can be resolved.
- The sugar polymers that make up the agarose gel matrix act like a sieve.
- The greater the agarose concentration, the smaller the pores created in the gel matrix, and the more difficult it is for large linear DNA molecules to move through the matrix.
- Changing the agarose concentration changes the size of the sieve matrix of the gel.
- Hence, both assertion and reason are true, but the reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 17th Oct, 2019, 11:30: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number