Answer the question
1. What are nerves? What are their functions?
2. Describe a simple reflex action with a suitalbe example
Asked by janish75 | 22nd Jul, 2018, 06:34: PM
1.These are specialised cells that transmit electrical impulses and so carry information from one part of the body to another. They rapidly transmit messages between different parts of the body.
2. Involuntary actions in response to external or internal stimuli are termed as reflex actions. Peripheral nervous system and the spinal cord are involved in controlling the reflex actions.Here, the brain is not involved.
Example- Instant withdrawal of hand when it accidentally touches a hot iron
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 22nd Jul, 2018, 07:15: PM
- Example of reflex action
- state the function of Nerve Cells?,Draw a neat diagram of a Nerve Cell.
- Which Cell is most important in our human body .
- Reflex action are under the control of a)Brain b)Spinal cord c)Medulla d)Spinal cord and medulla
- Explain conditioned reflex
- With respect to ma'am / sir , When is a person cosidered dead , when your heart stops beating or when our brain stops functioning . Thanking you ,
- What is mycelin?
- what is purkinje fibres
- 1. Define white and grey matter. 2.Draw a diagram of a reflex
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number