Answer the following question:

Asked by nkrbasak | 24th Aug, 2011, 03:19: AM

Expert Answer:

The reactant that is completely consumed in a chemical reaction is called the limiting reactant (or limiting reagent) because it determines (or limits) the amount of product formed. 
First write the balanced chemical reaction. One must determine the stoichiometry of the reaction. The limiting reagent is the chemical which will run out first as the reaction occurs and the reactants are consumed. The other reactants, the ones are are leftover when the limiting reagent runs out, are said to be in excess

Answered by  | 24th Aug, 2011, 03:28: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.