Animals grow only till a particular age where as plants grow throughout their life. Justify it & why?
Asked by apramanik | 20th Aug, 2019, 07:33: PM
- Animals grow for a limited period of time after which their growth ceases and they ultimately die.
- Plant growth is unique because plants retain their capacity for unlimited growth throughout their life.
- This ability of plants is due to the presence of meristematic tissue at certain locations in their body.
- The cells of such meristems have the capacity to divide and self-perpetuate.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 20th Aug, 2019, 10:39: PM
- If we remove the stamens of all the pea flowers in a garden , which phenomenon will be affected - fruit fromation, pollination or fertlisation?
- Differentiate between self pollination and cross pollination.
- I what is zycote
- What is pollination
- Give reasons for the following statements: a. Nature favours cross pollination. b. Vegetative propagation is quicker than sexual reproduction. c. Some plants produce large flowers with sweet smell.
- it is obtained from nector
- From where does bees collect nectar?
- What happens when the male and female gamete are fused together? What does it develop into?
- What do you understand by pollination?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number