An object is kept at a distance of (i) 2x (ii) (3/2)x from a convace lens having a focal length of magnitude x. Draw ray diagrams showing the formation of image in the two cases.
What is/are the point(s) of similarity/dissimilarity between the images formed in the two cases?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The required ray diagrams for the two cases are as shown below:
(i) The image formed is virtual, erect and diminished.
(ii) The image is formed between the optical centre and the focus of the lens.
(i) The image is formed nearer to the lens in the second case.
(ii) The image formed in the second case, is smaller in size than the image formed in the first case.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- beam of light converges at a point P. Now a lens is placed in the path of the convergent beam 12 cm from P. At what point does the beam converge if the lens is (a) a convex lens of focal length 20 cm, and (b) a concave lens of focal length 16 cm?
- Plz solve this
- What is the position of object in photographic camera
- 'As an object is slowly brought from infinity to the focus of convex lens, the image travels from the focus to infinity.' Show this with the help of diagram with five different positions of the object.
- An object placed on ameter scale at 8 cm mark was focused on a white screen placed at 92 cm mark,using a converginglens placed on the meter scale at 50 cm mark. a) find the focal length of the converging lens b) find the position of the image formed if the object is shifted towards the lens at a position of 29 cm c) state the nature of image formed if the object is further shifte towards the lens.
- The object distance of a lens is 30 cm and the image distance is 10 cm find the magnificence of the lens with the help of this decide whether the size of the image is small or big than the size of the object ?
- image formed by a simple microscope
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number