an empty glass bottle is fitted with a narrow tube at its mouth. the open end of the tube is kept in a beaker containing water. when the bottle is heated,bubbles of air are seen escaping into water. explain th reasopn.
Asked by rolungmuans | 16th Sep, 2018, 06:08: PM
- Eventhough the glass bottle is empty, there must be presence of ample amount of air in the bottle.
- On heating, carbon-di-oxide and other gases evolve and get transferred from the bottle to the beaker containing water through the tubes.
- That is why, when the bottle is heated, bubbles of air are seen escaping into water.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 17th Sep, 2018, 02:28: PM
- What do you understand by the law of conservation of energy? Discuss how it works in case of simple pendulum
- What is kinetic and potential energy
- What is gravitational energy
- Energy is interconvertible. Give example.
- In a solar cell,light energy is converted to what?
- Give an example in which a body possesses both kinetic energy and potential energy.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number