an element exposure to moist air turns black and a new compound y is formed.the substance x and y are?>
Asked by my3shyll | 9th Jul, 2016, 05:18: PM
X = Ag
Y = Ag2S
Silver turns black because it reacts with gases and moisture present in air due to which it corrodes.
Answered by Vaibhav Chavan | 10th Jul, 2016, 05:16: PM
- how to solve chemical equations. like this type of question.
- Question 3
- what is matter
- chemical reaction
- Why does plaster of paris harden on mixing with water?
- Why to study chemical reaction
- What is a reagent?
- why magnesium ribbon is cleaned before burning in air
- why is a chemical reaction balanced
- definition reducing agent and oxidising agent.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number