An electron beam was deflected in a given field which was perpendicular to the beam. The beam follows a parabolic path after deflection. Give answer whether the field was electric field or magnetic field.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 8th May, 2015, 10:33: AM
The beam was deflected by an electric field.
Answered by | 8th May, 2015, 12:33: PM
- An electron moves in a circular orbit of radius 0.51A around a nucleus at a frequency of 6.8times10^(15)Hz .Estimate the magnetic field at the nucleus
- how are the magnetic field lines different from the electrostatic field lines.
- Why cyclotron can not be used to accelerate neutron?
- Why cyclotron is not suitable for accelerating electrons?
- Write any two uses of cyclotron.
- Why the set up of cyclotron is placed in an evacuated chamber?
- What will be the force on a charged particle moving in a region where uniform electric as well as magnetic field are acting?
- What do you mean by cyclotron frequency?
- Derive an expression for maximum energy gained by the positive ion using a cyclotron.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number