An athelete peddles a stationary tricycle whose pedles are attached to a coil having 100 turns each of area 0.1 m2 . The coil, lying in the X-Y plane, is rotated , in this plane , at the rate of 50rpm , about the Y- axis , in a region where a uniform magnetic field , B = (0.01)k^ tesla, is present . Find the i) Maximum emf ii) average emf generated in the coil over one complete revolution.
Asked by vinitapahel123 | 13th Dec, 2015, 11:55: AM
i) The maximum emf 'ε' generated in the coil is,
ε = N B A ω
= N B A (2Πf)
= (100 × 0.01 × 0.1 × 2Π(5/6)) V
= V ≈ 0.52 V
ii) The average emf generated in the coil over one complete revolution = 0
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 13th Dec, 2015, 04:53: PM
- An electron moves in a circular orbit of radius 0.51A around a nucleus at a frequency of 6.8times10^(15)Hz .Estimate the magnetic field at the nucleus
- how are the magnetic field lines different from the electrostatic field lines.
- Why cyclotron can not be used to accelerate neutron?
- Why cyclotron is not suitable for accelerating electrons?
- Write any two uses of cyclotron.
- Why the set up of cyclotron is placed in an evacuated chamber?
- An electron beam was deflected in a given field which was perpendicular to the beam. The beam follows a parabolic path after deflection. Give answer whether the field was electric field or magnetic field.
- What will be the force on a charged particle moving in a region where uniform electric as well as magnetic field are acting?
- What do you mean by cyclotron frequency?
- Derive an expression for maximum energy gained by the positive ion using a cyclotron.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number