Amongst Iron, Chromium, Mercury & Manganese - which has the highest electrical resistivity at 20 degrees celcius?
Asked by konark411014 | 15th May, 2021, 10:26: PM
Resistivity of required materials at temperature 20o C is given below
From above table, it is seen that Manganese is having high resistivity
Resistivity ( × 10-8 Ω-m )
|Material||Resistivity ( × 10-8 Ω-m )|
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 16th May, 2021, 11:21: AM
- A wire of resistance of 20Ω is cut into two equal pieces, how will its resistance and resistivity change?
- pls explain
- In a meter bridge experiment null point is found at a distance of 33.7from one end .If a 12 ohm resistor is connected in parallel with unknown resistance 10 null point is shift to 51.9 . find the value of r and s
- What is temperature coefficient of resistance?
- A carbon resistor is marked as orange, yellow, green and silver respectively. What is the approximate resistance of the resistance?
- Name two substances whose resistivity decreases with the rise in temperature.
- Name the alloys which are used for making standard resistance coils?
- Why alloys like Manganin, Constantan, Nichrome are used for making wire bound standard resistors?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number