American organic compound A on treatment with ethyl alcohol gives a carboxylic acid B and compound C. Hydrolysis of C under acidic condition gives B and D. Oxidation of B with KMnO4 also gives D. Compound N on heating with Ca (OH)2 gives E . Compound E does not give Tollen's test and doesn't reduce Fehling's solution but forms yellow ppt with Brady's reagent. Identify A to E.
Asked by mridulabarua05 | 21st Feb, 2019, 12:59: PM
Compound A = Acetic anhydride
a carboxylic acid B =Acetic acid
Compound C =Ethyl acetate
Compound D =Ethanol
Compound E =Acetone or propanone.
Answered by Ramandeep | 21st Feb, 2019, 02:58: PM
- Plz answer 5th with reaction and explanation
- Pl ans sir..pl with reason Which of the following is an aromatic acid A.phenol B.benzyl alcohol C.3-methly benzylalcohol D.3-methylphenol The ans can be more than one
- Among ethyl amine and ethyl alcohol which one of them have higher boiling point and why
- Write the name of primary alcohol which can react with Lucas reagent at room temperature
- The major product of the reaction between benezenediazonium chloride and ethanol is
- How will you get ethene from ethanol?
- State any two uses of methanol and ethanol.
- Why alcohols are miscible with water?
- Alcohols are said to be soluble in water but why n-Decyl alcohol is insoluble?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number