Akhil, a student of class X went to an amusement park along with his younger brother. There, they entered in small hall having a number f large size mirrors. In front of one of the mirrors, they looked very funny. Their faces were normal, their bellies were fat and legs were short. Akhil’s younger brother was frightened and tried to hit the mirror with his foot. However, Akhil stopped him to do so. (i) Name the type of mirror in front of which Akhil and his brother were standing. (ii) What is the cause of distortion of their images? (iii) What values are shown by Akhil? 11. A lady visited a shopping store with her friend. The owner of the store had fixed number of mirrors at different locations to monitor the activities of the customers. The lady picked up some items of makeup and placed those items in her purse thinking that no one is watching her activity. But her friend asked her not to do so. The lady ignored her friend. When the lady came to the counter, the owner of the shop asked her to open her purse. She was humiliated in front of other customer and her friend. (i) Name the type of mirror fixed in the shop. (ii) Why was the lady asked by her friend not to place the makeup items in her purse? (iii) Why was the lady humiliated by the owner of the shop?
Asked by gganga | 5th Nov, 2016, 02:42: PM
(i) The mirror in front of which Akhil and his brother were standing was a combination mirror. Since, the face was normal, the upper part of the mirror was a plane mirror. The bellies appear fat. An enlarged image can be formed only by a concave mirror, and hence, the middle portion of the mirror was concave. The feet were thin and hence the lower part of the mirror was convex.
(ii) The cause of the distortion was because the mirror was composed of three different types of mirrors. Hence, light is reflected at different angles from these mirrors forming a funny distorted image of the person standing in front of it.
(iii) Akhil shows conceptually strong aptitude. He is proactive and intelligent. He is also understanding in nature.
NOTE: Kindly post the other question as a separate query.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 7th Nov, 2016, 09:38: AM
- Mirror formula
- The distance between the real object and its image in a convex mirror of focal length 12 cm is 32 cm. the size of the object is 1cm. the object distance will be
- when we reverse the image then image will formed or not
- A REAL OBJECT IS LOCATED IS LOCATED AT ZERO END OF A METER STICK. A CONCAVE MIRROR LOCATED AT 100 cm END OF THE METER STICK FORMS AN IMAGE OF THE OBJECT AT THE 70cm POSITION. A CONVEX MIRROR PLACED AT THE 60cm POSITION FORMS A FINAL IMAGE AT THE 10 cm POINT WHAT IS THE RADIUS OF CURVATURE OF THE CONVEX MIRROR?
- A concave mirror produces three times magnified (enlarged) real image of an object placed at 10cm in front of it . Where is the image located?
- why presently sign convention is known as new sign convention
- findthe size nature and position of image formed when an object of size 1 cm is placed at a distance of 15from a fro from a concave mirror of focal length 10cm cm from a concave mirror of focal length in centimetre from a concave mirror of
- please find the answer
- why can't we write mirror formula as f = v + u
- Is magnification =f/f-u (or) f/u-f
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number