AFTER DRAWING AN ACUTE ANGLE,HOW CAN WE DIVIDE IT INTO FOUR EQUAL PARTS USING RULER AND COMPASS?
Asked by shabnakader | 12th Jan, 2017, 06:24: PM
1. Draw any acute angle POQ.
2. With O as centre and any (suitable) radius, draw an arc to meet OP at R and OQ at S.
3. With R as centre and radius more than half of RS, draw an arc. Also, with S as centre and same radius draw another arc to meet the previous arc at T.
4. Join OT and produce it.
5. Let SR intersect OT at U.
6. With S and U as centre and radius more than half of SU, draw an arcs. Let them intersect at A.
7. With R and U as centre and radius more than half of RU, draw an arcs. Let them intersect at B.
Thus, an acute angle is divided into four equal parts.
Answered by Rashmi Khot | 13th Jan, 2017, 01:43: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number