Asked by | 28th Feb, 2008, 12:43: PM
The actinides show nearly same atomic size as, there is a gradual decrease in M3+ion due to poor sheilding of 5f electrons this is called actinoid contraction.
Answered by | 7th Dec, 2017, 08:58: PM
- Why lanthanide show high oxidation state than actinide
- Why do Zr and Hf occur together in nature?
- Write down the most common oxidation state for lanthanoids.
- Write down the number of electrons in 4f, 5d and 6s orbital of Ce in +4 oxidation state.
- Write down the outer electronic configuration of Uranium.
- Why Ce4+ behaves as good oxidising agent although being a stable species?
- What is mischmetall and what is its use?
- Why it is very difficult to study the chemistry of Actinoid?
- Write the electronic configuration of the following elements of lanthanoid and their possible oxidation state other than +3: (a) Eu and (b) Yb.
- Give a note on the chemical reaction of lanthanoids.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number